Residents will see tax increase
A 2.1% increase in the village levy for the 2012-13 budget year will mean property owners in Brady will pay a little more in taxes the coming year.
Village trustees approved the budget during their regular monthly meeting on Sept. 12.
With an increase in expenditures of more than $72,000, the village raised the levy just over one cent.
Chairman Jeff Miller said that will mean a tax increase of about $8 per $100,000 of valuation for the year.
The bulk of the upward changes in the budget come from mandated repairs to the sewer lagoon.
- New park swing in memory of local baby
- Veterans, donations sought to send group to D.C. in April
- County board forces wellness issue
- Eagles come from behind, hold on to beat Paxton
- Walk-off homer beats Lady Dawgs
- Golfers medal two at conference meet
- Softball team survives slugfest at Cozad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST