Residents will see tax increase
A 2.1% increase in the village levy for the 2012-13 budget year will mean property owners in Brady will pay a little more in taxes the coming year.
Village trustees approved the budget during their regular monthly meeting on Sept. 12.
With an increase in expenditures of more than $72,000, the village raised the levy just over one cent.
Chairman Jeff Miller said that will mean a tax increase of about $8 per $100,000 of valuation for the year.
The bulk of the upward changes in the budget come from mandated repairs to the sewer lagoon.
- Area News Digest
- Swim team succeeds at Minden
- Fleetwood Mac tribute band headlines fair
- Dredging project continues at Jeffrey Lake
- UNL leading crop productivity research project
- Concert, color run, rodeo all part of Fourth of July events
- Offensive woes continue for senior melons
- Pony Express Re-ride