Runners finish middle of the pack
UNK Invite a preview of state meet
KEARNEY—Running at the Kearney Country Club during the University of Nebraska at Kearney Invite on Monday gave members of the Swede cross country team a preview of what the state meet will be like.
“But we’ve got to make it there first,” said Gothenburg coach Steve Reeves.
Both the Swede girls and the boys finished near the middle of the pack in the Class C portion of the race on the same course as the state meet.
The boys, Reeves said, ran fairly well to finish 15th as a team.
“I think they’re doing a better job of sticking together and moving up,” the coach said.
The girls were 12th as a team, coming in behind several teams they had previously beaten.
“I didn’t feel like the girls competed at the same level they did in Minden,” Reeves said. “It was a situation where we got beat by four or five district schools. We’re definitely going to have to do better down the road.”
None of the Swede runners earned medals among the top 15.
Gothenburg competes at home Thursday, with the girls’ race beginning at 4 p.m. at Wild Horse Golf Club.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST