Trying out for one-acts
GHS auditions: Gothenburg High School students tried out last week for this season’s one-act production “Hiding in the Open,” a memoir about sisters in the World War II holocaust. The play tells the true story of the Jewish sisters from Poland who assume false identities and work in a Nazi hotel. Director Lori Long said 38 students are involved in the play at this point. Practice started this week. Competition begins in Loup City on Nov. 2. The community will get several chances to see student actors in action when GHS hosts an invite on Nov. 13, Southwest Conference on Nov. 19 and district competition on Dec. 1. A public performance is scheduled on Nov. 27 at 7:30 p.m. Pictured are Drake Brand (left) and Amanda Larson.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins