The Community Development Office, that houses the Gothenburg Chamber of Commerce and the Gothenburg Improvement Company, moved from the Post Office to newly renovated space at 1001 Lake Ave. last week. The CDO began in a one-room office at the First State Bank drive-through and, in February of 1993, relocated to the Post Office. CDO director Anne Anderson said the latest move was prompted by a need for more space to serve members and the community and includes offices, storage and a conference room. An open house is planned. Pictured, Anderson (front) and office manager June Blauvelt move equipment and get settled.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins