No more burn permits
At least until snow flies
As a tinder-dry summer slips into a parched fall, local fire chief Mark Ballmer said the department is not issuing any burn permits in or outside city limits.
Last week, yet another area fire erupted near Paxton because of dry conditions.
“There were 15 departments there and we were on stand-by,” Ballmer said.
Most likely, no more burn permits will be issued until there’s snow cover, he said.
“And we feel it’s safe.”
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action