No more burn permits
At least until snow flies
As a tinder-dry summer slips into a parched fall, local fire chief Mark Ballmer said the department is not issuing any burn permits in or outside city limits.
Last week, yet another area fire erupted near Paxton because of dry conditions.
“There were 15 departments there and we were on stand-by,” Ballmer said.
Most likely, no more burn permits will be issued until there’s snow cover, he said.
“And we feel it’s safe.”
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State