Learning about trees, care
Twelve people joined arborists from across the state on Oct. 3 during a public tour of the Ehmen Park arboretum.
Justin Evertson, who’s employed by the Nebraska Forest Service, said Ehmen is one of his favorite parks because of the diversity of trees.Evertson said three trees grow in the park that aren’t normally found in central Nebraska. They include the June snow dogwood, Cornelian cherry dogwood and Japanese emperor oak.
At least 20 species of trees in the park won’t be found anywhere else in Dawson County or this part of Nebraska, Evertson said.
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout
- Cozad’s Dollar General moves to new location
- Women in Agriculture celebrates 30 years of offering programs
- Shadow’s smell serves diabetic sisters
- Sewer hike, zoning changes approved