Three injured in two-vehicle accident
A collision Tuesday at the intersection of Avenue I and Washington Street resulted in the transport of three women to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital where they were treated and released. Police officer Joe Humphrey said the accident occurred at 9:05 a.m. when a 2006 GMC pickup, eastbound on Washington St. and driven by 47-year-old Kimberly Duggan of North Platte, ran a stop sign and struck a southbound 2002 Ford Explorer, driven by Melissa Smith, 42, of Gothenburg, on the right front door.
It pushed the vehicle into a yard. Smith and passenger Angie Miller, 45, of Gothenburg, were injured. Macalyn Duggan, 20, of North Platte, a passenger in the truck, declined treatment. Humphrey estimated damage to both vehicles at $6,500. He said Duggan was cited for a stop-sign violation.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action