Three injured in two-vehicle accident
A collision Tuesday at the intersection of Avenue I and Washington Street resulted in the transport of three women to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital where they were treated and released. Police officer Joe Humphrey said the accident occurred at 9:05 a.m. when a 2006 GMC pickup, eastbound on Washington St. and driven by 47-year-old Kimberly Duggan of North Platte, ran a stop sign and struck a southbound 2002 Ford Explorer, driven by Melissa Smith, 42, of Gothenburg, on the right front door.
It pushed the vehicle into a yard. Smith and passenger Angie Miller, 45, of Gothenburg, were injured. Macalyn Duggan, 20, of North Platte, a passenger in the truck, declined treatment. Humphrey estimated damage to both vehicles at $6,500. He said Duggan was cited for a stop-sign violation.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State