FESTIVITIES: Fierce winds during Gothenburg High School homecoming activities drove Thursday night’s crowning ceremony into the gym instead of on the football field and put the kabosh on float decorating earlier in the day.
Seniors Logan Sheets and Kenzi Hiebner were chosen as king and queen (right). The homecoming parade went on as usual, without decorated floats, and school spirit was still evident as shown by these seventh graders (left). Toy light sabers were in full force because of the “Star Wars” movie theme chosen for the week.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president