FESTIVITIES: Fierce winds during Gothenburg High School homecoming activities drove Thursday night’s crowning ceremony into the gym instead of on the football field and put the kabosh on float decorating earlier in the day.
Seniors Logan Sheets and Kenzi Hiebner were chosen as king and queen (right). The homecoming parade went on as usual, without decorated floats, and school spirit was still evident as shown by these seventh graders (left). Toy light sabers were in full force because of the “Star Wars” movie theme chosen for the week.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog