Sanctuary full of quilts
Quilt campaign: For many years, the American Lutheran Church World Release Quilt-Tying Group has met twice monthly to create quilts that are sent to people in need around the world. This year, the group put together 150 quilts and arranged them in the sanctuary. The quilts were blessed during services Sunday and will be boxed and shipped to a distribution point in Minnesota this week. Church youths, who are seniors, get to pick out a quilt of their choice before they’re sent, according to Diane Harm (pictured) who coordinates the quilt project. Lutheran women will also send 50 layettes they made and or/donated. Health kits will also be included in the boxes.
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.
- Gothenburg Youth Trap Club taking aim at state
- Eagles perform well in tough meet