Sanctuary full of quilts
Quilt campaign: For many years, the American Lutheran Church World Release Quilt-Tying Group has met twice monthly to create quilts that are sent to people in need around the world. This year, the group put together 150 quilts and arranged them in the sanctuary. The quilts were blessed during services Sunday and will be boxed and shipped to a distribution point in Minnesota this week. Church youths, who are seniors, get to pick out a quilt of their choice before they’re sent, according to Diane Harm (pictured) who coordinates the quilt project. Lutheran women will also send 50 layettes they made and or/donated. Health kits will also be included in the boxes.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins