Practicing the process
Elementary election: Dudley Elementary participated in the Nebraska Student Vote on Oct. 31, an event sponsored by the Nebraska Secretary of State’s office. Nearly 500 students voted, said high ability learning (HAL) teacher Amy Harrison. Kindergarten through first voted for president only while students in the second through sixth grades voted for president, a state senator and a congressional representative. HAL students advertised the election, conducted the vote, counted ballots and acted as the electoral college. Harrison said each Dudley classroom represented two states (and Washington, D.C.) and were assigned corresponding electoral votes. After figuring the popular vote from each class, HAL students cast their electoral votes. Mitt Romney won the presidential race with 287 electoral votes, Harrison said. Pictured (foreground are, l-r: Weston Geiken, Austin Cole, Alexia Jeffers, Taylor Hessler, Harley Walker, substitute teacher Brittany Jesseph and Neligh Andersen.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship