DAD gets grant to transform building
Dawson Area Development will receive one of four Community Development Block Grants to renovate the former Wal-Mart building in Lexington.
DAD will get a $512,000 neighborhood stabilization grant to renovate the 9,354 square-foot vacant building into “The Opportunity Center.”
It will feature classrooms, meeting rooms, a conference room and computer lab that will be available to the public for educational and training opportunities and community programs.
The project serves an area in which 51% of residents earn incomes at or below 120% of the area median income.
The Nebraska Department of Economic Development awarded the grant.
Other cities receiving neighborhood stabilization grants include Grand Island, Lincoln and Omaha.
For more information, contact Jen Wolf at DAD at 308-784-3902.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly