RUNZA REX VISITS: Youngsters in the afternoon Story Hour session at the Gothenburg Public Library got to meet Runza Rex on Thursday when Runza Restaurant presented a check for $353.31 to the children’s library for purchasing new materials. The local restaurant donated a portion of its sales for one day as part of the national Runza fund raiser that promotes the importance of reading and literacy. Pictured are, l-r: Front—Teegan Stevens, Scout Bell, Ashlyn Peterson, Addison Burkink, Kinley Oberg, Tessa Carter, Axtyn Jesseph, Mavrix Butterfield, Tristan Koch, Linda Swan; Middle—Peyton Hilbers, Kaitlyn Hecox, Logan Feather, Brookelyn Kotschwar, Jaxon Earll, Callen Johnson, Beckett Anderson, Tyler Steuben; Back row—Mary Koch, Runza Rex, Evan Johnson.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.