One-act play fourth at district
Brady High School’s one-act play, “Imperfect Proposal,” finished fourth among eight schools in the D1-4 district competition at Callaway on Nov. 27.
Callaway’s production of “The Absolute Most Clichéd Elevator Play in the History of the Entire Universe” earned the top spot and qualified for state in Kearney on Thursday.
“Checking other district winners, it is upsetting that so many teams we beat in conference qualified for state from their weaker districts,” said director Tonja Shaw. “I was hopeful that getting into a new district would help but it turns out that all the competitive teams, except for Bertrand, moved from our old district to the new one.”
Brady participants Donnie Trisdale, Zach Mann and Chris Porter received outstanding actor awards.
- Luncheon Carolers
- Eagles grounded
- Brady bounces Paxton, Twin Loup
- Brady school board working through superintendent search
- Generous donations push Shares fund closer to the top
- Reeves named to OWH All-Nebraska first team
- County board agrees to remodeling bids
- Swede girls get confidence and a win at Grant