One-act play fourth at district
Brady High School’s one-act play, “Imperfect Proposal,” finished fourth among eight schools in the D1-4 district competition at Callaway on Nov. 27.
Callaway’s production of “The Absolute Most Clichéd Elevator Play in the History of the Entire Universe” earned the top spot and qualified for state in Kearney on Thursday.
“Checking other district winners, it is upsetting that so many teams we beat in conference qualified for state from their weaker districts,” said director Tonja Shaw. “I was hopeful that getting into a new district would help but it turns out that all the competitive teams, except for Bertrand, moved from our old district to the new one.”
Brady participants Donnie Trisdale, Zach Mann and Chris Porter received outstanding actor awards.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout