One-act play fourth at district
Brady High School’s one-act play, “Imperfect Proposal,” finished fourth among eight schools in the D1-4 district competition at Callaway on Nov. 27.
Callaway’s production of “The Absolute Most Clichéd Elevator Play in the History of the Entire Universe” earned the top spot and qualified for state in Kearney on Thursday.
“Checking other district winners, it is upsetting that so many teams we beat in conference qualified for state from their weaker districts,” said director Tonja Shaw. “I was hopeful that getting into a new district would help but it turns out that all the competitive teams, except for Bertrand, moved from our old district to the new one.”
Brady participants Donnie Trisdale, Zach Mann and Chris Porter received outstanding actor awards.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair