One-act play fourth at district
Brady High School’s one-act play, “Imperfect Proposal,” finished fourth among eight schools in the D1-4 district competition at Callaway on Nov. 27.
Callaway’s production of “The Absolute Most Clichéd Elevator Play in the History of the Entire Universe” earned the top spot and qualified for state in Kearney on Thursday.
“Checking other district winners, it is upsetting that so many teams we beat in conference qualified for state from their weaker districts,” said director Tonja Shaw. “I was hopeful that getting into a new district would help but it turns out that all the competitive teams, except for Bertrand, moved from our old district to the new one.”
Brady participants Donnie Trisdale, Zach Mann and Chris Porter received outstanding actor awards.
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout
- Cozad’s Dollar General moves to new location
- Women in Agriculture celebrates 30 years of offering programs
- Shadow’s smell serves diabetic sisters
- Sewer hike, zoning changes approved