Generous donations push Shares fund over the top
Another successful week of donations helped the Gothenburg Shares fund exceed its goal for 2012.
Over $2,100 came in this week. The amount raised this year—$5,203.73—exceeds the goal by $700 but is just a little more than the actual cost of the food. The excess money will be kept in the Rotary account for next year’s drive.
Seventy baskets were distributed Saturday by members of the Gothenburg Rotary Club, After Dark Rotary Club and other community volunteers.
Those making recent donations, in addition to anonymous gifts, were: Gothenburg Public School Staff, Dolores Viergutz, Dale and Mary Lou Block, Tim and Lael Greenlee, Anonymous in honor of Gothenburg teachers), Jean Clymer, Hilltop Birthday Club, Anonymous in honor of Sue Ostergard, Ken and Nancy Christensen, Two Ten Club.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout