Swedes get compliments
On Dec. 27-29 the Gothenburg boys and girls basketball teams were privileged to have the opportunity to participate in the Cabela’s Holiday Shootout in Sidney. Obviously, one of our goals as basketball teams is to win the games in which we play. But that is not our only goal. Our boys also have a goal to “do the right thing ON and OFF the court.”
While we were in Sidney both our boys and girls teams were complimented many times on their conduct. From the hotel staff to the employees at restaurants, I as a coach repeatedly heard how well behaved our teams were. I have heard similar comments while traveling with other groups/teams numerous times over the years I have been employed by GHS.
I want to take this opportunity to let the people of Gothenburg know how well these young men and women represent their community, school, parents and team. If the old saying, “It takes a village to raise a child” is true, then Gothenburg you are doing a great job!
I feel honored and privileged to have the opportunity to work with such fine young adults.
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney