Shares fund reaches $605
The Gothenburg Shares fund is off to a slow start for the four-week 2009 campaign.
A total of $605 has been donated thus far. The goal of the drive is $4,000.
The fund pays for the Christmas Food Baskets Program, sponsored by the Gothenburg Rotary Club. Food baskets containing the ingredients for a nutritious holiday meal will provided for approximately 80 families in need.
The baskets will be delivered on Saturday, Dec. 18, by Rotarians, members of YCIP and other community volunteers.
The program carries on a local tradition that is over 35 years old.
In addition to anonymous donors, those contributing to the fund include: Getaways Extension Club, Mrs. John W. Greene, Jr., Dawson County Board of Realtors and Gothenburg Realty Inc.
Send donations to: Gothenburg Shares, P.O. Box 385, Gothenburg, NE 69138; or drop them off at the Gothenburg Times. Please note on the donation if you would like your name published as a donor.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500