Quadhamer earns scholarship through speech competition
By placing sixth in serious prose during the Kevin Heineman Memorial speech tournament at Hastings College on Jan. 19, Brady senior Sierra Quadhamer earned scholarship money to attend the college.
Quadhamer was the only Brady competitor to place at the meet. She also competed in the poetry division.
Other Brady students participating were Brandon Montgomery, Mike Adams, Lexi Franzen and Madison Elliott.
In addition to the speech contest, teams also competed in a fund-raising effort called “Hunger Games.”
Brady students and staff raised $55 toward the cause, pushing the team to third place in the event.
All proceeds of the fund raiser will be donated to National Poverty Awareness.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC