Quadhamer earns scholarship through speech competition
By placing sixth in serious prose during the Kevin Heineman Memorial speech tournament at Hastings College on Jan. 19, Brady senior Sierra Quadhamer earned scholarship money to attend the college.
Quadhamer was the only Brady competitor to place at the meet. She also competed in the poetry division.
Other Brady students participating were Brandon Montgomery, Mike Adams, Lexi Franzen and Madison Elliott.
In addition to the speech contest, teams also competed in a fund-raising effort called “Hunger Games.”
Brady students and staff raised $55 toward the cause, pushing the team to third place in the event.
All proceeds of the fund raiser will be donated to National Poverty Awareness.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair