Quadhamer earns scholarship through speech competition
By placing sixth in serious prose during the Kevin Heineman Memorial speech tournament at Hastings College on Jan. 19, Brady senior Sierra Quadhamer earned scholarship money to attend the college.
Quadhamer was the only Brady competitor to place at the meet. She also competed in the poetry division.
Other Brady students participating were Brandon Montgomery, Mike Adams, Lexi Franzen and Madison Elliott.
In addition to the speech contest, teams also competed in a fund-raising effort called “Hunger Games.”
Brady students and staff raised $55 toward the cause, pushing the team to third place in the event.
All proceeds of the fund raiser will be donated to National Poverty Awareness.
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.
- Gothenburg Youth Trap Club taking aim at state
- Eagles perform well in tough meet