Four submit names for county judge
Four men from Dawson, Gosper and Custer counties have submitted applications for appointment as county judge in the 11th Judicial District consisting of Arthur, Chase, Dawson, Dundy, Frontier, Furnas, Gosper, Hayes, Hitchcock, Hooker, Keith, Lincoln, Logan, McPherson, Perkins, Red Willow, and Thomas counties.
The applicants are Mark R. McKeone of Cozad, Gary G. Peterson of Broken Bow, Jeffrey M. Wightman of Lexington and Todd D. Wilson of Elwood.
The primary place of office for the judicial vacancy is Lexington. The vacancy is due to the retirement of Judge Carlton E. Clark.
The public hearing of the Judicial Nominating Commission will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 14, in the District Court Courtroom at the Dawson ----County Courthouse in Lexington.
The commission will review all applicants for the office at that time. The public is welcome to attend the hearing and present information concerning candidates for the judicial opening.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action