Hilderbrand gets third in Arizona
Gothenburg High School graduate Mark Hilderbrand earned a bronze medal in the 400-meter hurdles at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s first outdoor meet of the 2013 season at Arizona State on Saturday.
Hilderbrand, a sophomore who graduated from GHS in 2010, was third in the event with a personal best outdoor time of 53.79 seconds.
He competed in five meets during the 2013 indoor season, recording a season-best time of 1:21.37 in the 600-meter hurdles at the Mark Colligan Memorial and a personal-best time of 1:57.59 in the 800-meter hurdles at the Nebraska Tune-Up.
He is the son of Mike and Connie Hilderbrand of Gothenburg.
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite