Swedes visit Gothenburg
Three Swedish brothers from Gothenburg’s sister city Göteborg, made Gothenburg a day’s destination Monday when they traveled here from Fort Collins, CO. Two of the brothers, Petter and Johan Nerman, live in Göteborg but came to visit Karl Nerman who is a poker player and musician in Fort Collins. While in Gothenburg, they bought Swede sweatshirts and other items at Peterson’s Supermarket and toured some sites such as the Swedish crosses. Johan discovered the connection between the two cities when he developed a trivia game about Sweden. Pictured are, l-r: Karl, Mayor Joyce Hudson, Kelly Schmeeckle of Peterson’s Supermarket, Petter and Johan.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action