Relay For Life seeks corporate sponsors
The American Cancer Society urges local companies to take up the fight against cancer in their communities by becoming sponsors of the 19th Annual American Cancer Relay For Life of Dawson County.
“Central Nebraska has so much to be thankful for: first, your businesses that support our thriving communities and second, an opportunity to participate in this community experience,” said Meredith Chesley, corporate sponsor chairperson, of Lexington. “Last year businesses and corporate sponsors made Dawson County’s Relay for Life possible and all the more meaningful by raising over $78,000!”
Letters were mailed out to Dawson County businesses earlier this month and monetary donations are starting to come in, Chesley said. This year’s corporate sponsor goal is $10,000.
The business community in Dawson County consistently supports Relay For Life in many ways including in-kind donations of services and products for the event or for team fundraisers.
Businesses also may conduct fundraisers and donate the proceeds to Relay For Life or employees may build a team and join the fun on July 12 at Lake Helen in Gothenburg where this year’s Relay will be held.
To find out how to build a team for the American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Dawson County, call Pam Ackerman at 308-324-2230 or visit www.RelayForLife.org/dawsoncone
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics