City seeks housing rehab applicants
Homeowners still have time to complete an interest sheet at the city office if they want to participate in an owner-occupied housing rehabilitation program.
Documents must be completed by May 1.
West Central Nebraska Development District officials said homes selected must be brought up to a set of quality standards which can include roofs, windows, foundations, siding, HVAC, handicap accessibility and elimination of lead-based paint.
Officials want to fund homes with a maximum $25,000 rehabilitation cost limit that will be available to income eligible homeowners.
Those interested are asked to complete a document at Gothenburg City Hall.
The interest sheets will determine what amount of funding the city will apply for but doesn’t guarantee funding from the Nebraska Department of Economic Development or to the homeowner.
WCNDD is assisting the city with the project which is funded through NDED.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout