A SMOKIN’ GOOD TIME
Organizers, participants declare Saturday’s BBQ event a success.Thoughtful tasting: Judges, certified by the Kansas City Barbecue Society, filled the pavilion at Lafayette Saturday, from noon to 2 p.m., to judge chicken, pork, brisket and ribs during the city’s first Pony Express BBQ Challenge at the park.
Entries were judged on appearance, taste and tenderness.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30