Webinar will explain farm bill options
A University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension webinar will help producers sort out their options under the farm bill.
The sessions will be offered 10:30 a.m. to noon on Friday, May 3. The first hour will feature discussion of farm bill implications and performance for last year and beyond; the rest of the time will be used for discussion of online Excel-based Nebraska ACRE tool for producers.
Congress this year extended the 2008 farm bill to cover production in 2013.
The extension of this legislation requires producers to again make an election regarding which FSA farm program they will enroll under: the traditional DCP program or the newer ACRE program.
Timothy Lemmons, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension educator, said it’s critical that producers understand how each program has performed in the past and how it’s anticipated to perform this year.
The May 3 webinar provide an opportunity for producers to re-educate themselves on the workings of the ACRE and DCP programs, as well as expert analysis of how these programs might extend risk management protection in the near future, Lemmons said.
“We will also demonstrate the updated Nebraska ACRE Model Excel program available for download at http://agecon.unl.edu/farmbill,” he added.
Scheduled speakers include Brad Lubben, UNL Extension public policy specialist, and Lemmons.
Producers can participate in the webinar at http://connect.unl.edu/farmbillmeeting.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates