Scottsbluff claims Dist. B-4 golf title
Scottsbluff blew away the competition May 13 in the District B-4 meet at Scottsbluff Country Club.
The Bearcats placed four golfers in the top eight including meet medalist Andrew Holloway who shot a 68.
“Their first three guys are pretty solid and the fourth and fifth guys are coming along,” Swede coach Don Graham said. “If they play anywhere like that at state nobody is going to come close to them.”
McCook also qualified for the state meet with a runner-up team score of 315. Gothenburg placed 12th at 410.
The Swedes continued to struggle with avoiding the big holes.
“They can’t figure out a way to avoid the big numbers,” Graham said. “When you make a bogey or double bogey here and there, you can get around those and shoot 88 and be okay.
“These guys have to learn to get rid of those big numbers and accept, at times, that they are going to make a bogey or double bogey instead of trying to make a miracle shot and walking off with a quad or worse.”
Adam Speck had the low score for Gothenburg with a 96. Patrick Messersmith was close behind with a 98.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout