Four young adults injured in UTV accident Sunday
Four youths, ranging in age from 17 to 20 years old, were injured Sunday night when a utility terrain vehicle in which they were riding tipped on south Cottonwood Drive.
Gothenburg Fire Department rescue captain Jason Wagner said all four youths were taken by ambulance to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
One of the accident victims was later taken to a hospital in Omaha.
Unconfirmed reports listed the injured as Alix Meisinger and Alec Foster of Gothenburg, Kaylea Reyes of Cozad and Annabelle Greger, address unknown.
Wagner said the vehicle was soutbound on Cottonwood Drive, near the city’s wastewater treatment plant, when the hood flipped up and struck the driver on the hand around 9 p.m.
The driver, he said, overcorrected and the UTV fell on its side.
Seat belts were not in use, Wagner said.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics