Four young adults injured in UTV accident Sunday
Four youths, ranging in age from 17 to 20 years old, were injured Sunday night when a utility terrain vehicle in which they were riding tipped on south Cottonwood Drive.
Gothenburg Fire Department rescue captain Jason Wagner said all four youths were taken by ambulance to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
One of the accident victims was later taken to a hospital in Omaha.
Unconfirmed reports listed the injured as Alix Meisinger and Alec Foster of Gothenburg, Kaylea Reyes of Cozad and Annabelle Greger, address unknown.
Wagner said the vehicle was soutbound on Cottonwood Drive, near the city’s wastewater treatment plant, when the hood flipped up and struck the driver on the hand around 9 p.m.
The driver, he said, overcorrected and the UTV fell on its side.
Seat belts were not in use, Wagner said.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair