Four young adults injured in UTV accident Sunday
Four youths, ranging in age from 17 to 20 years old, were injured Sunday night when a utility terrain vehicle in which they were riding tipped on south Cottonwood Drive.
Gothenburg Fire Department rescue captain Jason Wagner said all four youths were taken by ambulance to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
One of the accident victims was later taken to a hospital in Omaha.
Unconfirmed reports listed the injured as Alix Meisinger and Alec Foster of Gothenburg, Kaylea Reyes of Cozad and Annabelle Greger, address unknown.
Wagner said the vehicle was soutbound on Cottonwood Drive, near the city’s wastewater treatment plant, when the hood flipped up and struck the driver on the hand around 9 p.m.
The driver, he said, overcorrected and the UTV fell on its side.
Seat belts were not in use, Wagner said.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action