Richey participates in Masonic Band
Brianna Richey of Gothenburg was one of 239 high school students from across Nebraska who participated in the 19th Annual Masonic All-Star Marching Band, which performed June 1 during Shrine Bowl festivities in Kearney.
Richey is the daughter of Michael and Michele Richey of Gothenburg.
The band members devoted four days of intense practice starting May 28, to learn the music, marching steps and field formations. The band gave their first public performance at Shrine Bowl Banquet at the Ramada Inn on May 31.
The band led the Shrine Bowl Parade down Kearney’s Central and 1st Avenue on Saturday morning, and it also performed the pre-game National Anthem and during half-time of the 55th Annual Shrine Bowl football game at the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair