Farnam Founders Days Boppin’ Back to the 50s
Farnam Founders Days will be B Boppin’ Back to the ’50s this year with activities planned for Thursday through Sunday, June 20-23.
Wild Horse Ministries will be providing music and food starting at 5:30 p.m. Thursday. A horse demonstration is scheduled at 7 p.m.
Elvis will be in concert Friday in the person of Joseph Hall, well-known Elvis impersonator. He will be performing from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Farnam High School. For tickets, call 308-569-2439 or 308-640-1456.
Appetizers will be served prior to the concert from 5 to 7 p.m. at Three Brothers Winery.
Saturday’s activities start with a parade at 10:30 a.m. There will be plenty to select from the rest of the day including a car show, kids activities, horseshoe tournament, international crafts, dodge ball and a BBQ rib cook-off.
Alexa Whipple will perform from 7 to 8 p.m. south of the park. A DJ at Country Blues provides the finishing touches on the day.
Advance registrations for the horseshoe tournament are being accepted at 308-320-4005.
Breakfast will be served starting at 8:30 a.m. Sunday. A church service follows at 10:30 at the school with lunch being served by the Founders Days Committee.
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.
- Gothenburg Youth Trap Club taking aim at state
- Eagles perform well in tough meet