Youth attend ag workshop
Five Future Farmers and agricultural customers of Gothenburg State Bank attended an annual Ag and Beyond workshop on Dec. 3.
Local attendees were sponsored by Gothenburg State Bank. The workshop was sponsored by the Nebraska Bankers Association and conducted by David Kohl.
Kohl, a nationally known speaker who specializes in ag economics and finance, was professor of agricultural finance and small business management and entrepreneurship in the department of agricultural and applied economics at Virginia Tech University from 1978-2003.
Gothenburg State Bank supports the program every year by sending agricultural customers.
The students were said to have found the workshop beneficial.
Kohl said he was glad to see the “next generation” in attendance.
He involved the students in his talk and presented lessons on what they need to expect after they graduate from high school.
- Control drives abusers, fear keeps victims from leaving
- Space issues driving surgical expansion at GMH
- Seven in race for two council seats
- Irish explode offensively in win over Brady boys
- CPNRD gains acreage by Darr
- Local salt suppliers keep up with demand for salt
- Gothenburg’s share of ACE grants is $1,747
- You win some, you lose some