Local restaurant wants to offer KENO
County commissioners okay lottery request
The Nebraska Barn and Grill, a restaurant scheduled to open in Gothenburg the first week of September, wants to offer Keno in the bar area.
At a Dawson County Commissioners meeting last Thursday, the restaurant received approval to provide the lottery game.
With commissioner approval, the request was sent to the Nebraska Lottery offices in Columbus. If the bid is approved, Nebraska Barn and Grill can offer Keno.
In other business, a deed of conservation easement agreement was made between Wetlands America and Darr Farms, LLC.
John Cunningham, a Wetlands America representative, said his company was seeking a 250-acre area in Dawson County for rural conservation.
There would be a small area taken out of the easement for a cabin to be placed on the land, he said.
There are no crops on the property, which would remain the same, and it would be grazed periodically, Cunningham said.
In other business, Olds Cork & Cap Liquor in Cozad was granted a special designated license to serve liquor at a wedding Sept. 14 in rural Cozad.
In other business, the board:
authorized chairman P.J. Jacobson to sign a sub-grant agreement for Child Support Enforcement Services.
issued a U.S. Bank purchase card for county surveyor Mark Streit.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog