Gothenburg student on Smith advisory council
Carlin Daharsh, a senior at Gothenburg High School, is one of 17 students who will serve on the Youth Advisory Council of Congressman Adrian Smith (R-NE) for the 2013-14 academic school year.
Smith’s Youth Advisory Council is a forum for high school students to discuss opinions, thoughts and concerns with Smith about local and federal issues. Through in-person meetings and other contacts, the council provides students an opportunity for involvement and insight into their government and communities.
The council is open to high school students who are nominated by their teachers, principals or guidance counselors.
For more information, interested parties are encouraged to contact Smith’s Grand Island Office at 308-384-3900 or visit Smith’s website at adriansmith.house.gov/youth-advisory-council.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30