Lauer Boys win farm chore relay
Team champs for second time.
Not as many teams showed up as in years past but the three that did on Saturday afternoon came ready to compete at the annual farm chore relay.For the second year in a row, the Lauer Boys—Matt, Lance, Chris and Aaron—took the top prize of $160 with a time of 3:04, which was 28 seconds slower than last year’s winning time of 2:33 minutes.
Gothenburg State Bank’s team of LaRae Thompson, Laurie Brown, Brandon Kaufman and Roni Putnam came in second. Their time was clocked at 5:18 minutes.
Finishing third, with a 6:03 time, was Gothenburg Irrigation. Their team was made up of Logan Hayes, Lee Reuss, Jacob Peden and Joey Hoeke.
The teams competed against the clock in shucking corn, pushing hay bales, setting irrigation tubes, gathering eggs, milking goats and drinking the milk, and backing trailers.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State