Lauer Boys win farm chore relay
Team champs for second time.
Not as many teams showed up as in years past but the three that did on Saturday afternoon came ready to compete at the annual farm chore relay.For the second year in a row, the Lauer Boys—Matt, Lance, Chris and Aaron—took the top prize of $160 with a time of 3:04, which was 28 seconds slower than last year’s winning time of 2:33 minutes.
Gothenburg State Bank’s team of LaRae Thompson, Laurie Brown, Brandon Kaufman and Roni Putnam came in second. Their time was clocked at 5:18 minutes.
Finishing third, with a 6:03 time, was Gothenburg Irrigation. Their team was made up of Logan Hayes, Lee Reuss, Jacob Peden and Joey Hoeke.
The teams competed against the clock in shucking corn, pushing hay bales, setting irrigation tubes, gathering eggs, milking goats and drinking the milk, and backing trailers.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet