Swedes swing into second place at Southwest Conference meet
The Gothenburg golf team played the Minden Country Club and earned second place shooting a team score of 452. at the Southwest Conference meet Oct. 3.
The Swedes finished behind Minden, who captured first with a team score of 405.
Head coach Tara Foster said the nine-hole course played tough with long par 3s and several holes having out of bounds to the right side.
“The wind didn’t make the course any easier,” Foster said. “It was tough to keep the ball in play because of the conditions and several girls were penalized because of the out of bounds.”
Gothenburg had three individuals medal.
McKinley Harm placed fifth shooting a 104.
Taylour Marshall finished in ninth after a three-way-tie shooting 108.
Mallory McCoy shot a 119, good enough for 15th place.
Foster said the entire team played through tough situations but that can be expected this time of year.
“It’s important the girls remain confident with their golf game,” Foster said. ““They must be able to overcome tough holes in order to finish strong at districts.”
1. Minden 405, 2. Gothenburg 452, 3. Ogallala 471, 4. Broken Bow 496, 5. Valentine 500, 6. Cozad 511, 7. Ainsworth 527.
TOP 10 GOLFERS
1. Maaika Mestl, Ogallala 88
2. Jessice Rehtus, Minden 97
3. Ashton Boldt, Minden 97
4. Paige Kristensen, Minden 101
5. McKinley Harm, Gothenburg 104
6. Ashton Bancroft, Valentine 105
7. Kaleigh Page, Broken Bow 108
8. Serena Few, Valentine 108
9. Taylour Marshall, Gothenburg 108
10. Sophie Pinkham, Minden 110
McKinley Harm 104
Taylour Marshall 108
Mallory McCoy 119
Courtney Brown 121
Kelsey Kuhlman 128
Paula Cardeñas 151
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship