Brady dominates St. Patrick in sweep
Brady continued its winning ways Thursday as the Eagles swept North Platte St. Patrick 25-20, 25-14, 25-9.
“All the kids played very well,” head coach Lynne Johnson said. “We struggled at times but communicated through it and moved forward.”
Tara Callahan with 12 kills and Valerie Most with 10 more provided fire power against the Irish.
Additional weapons were Madison Elliot and Josie Palmer with six kills each and Alexis Franzen with four.
“We passed really well off their offense and that made it easy for us to get good hits,” Johnson said.
Alexis Mann was perfect serving 21-21 with two aces.
“Their girls had a tough time with our hard serves, taking them out of what they wanted to do,” Johnson said. “
While St. Patrick has a good team, Brady may have discovered how good they themselves can play.
“Playing like that is what we have looked for all year,” Johnson said. “We have talent and they finally used it.”
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500