Lions Club offers free, proper disposal of flags
The Gothenburg Lions Club will hold its annual United States flag disposal ceremony at the KOA Campground, south of Gothenburg, at 7 p.m. Monday.
The event is open to all members of the public.
Gothenburg residents and organizatiions who may have flags that they would wish to be retired, and then disposed of, in this moving ceremony, are asked to deliver them to the KOA office before 6 p.m. on Monday or bring them to the ceremony.
Officers of the Lions Club will perform the retirement program. All who are gathered will be asked to participate in the disposal of the flags. Last year over 80 flags were retired.
Following the ceremonial there will be refreshments served courtesy of the Lions Club.
Another event sponsored by the Lions Club, the free Christmas matinee, is expected to be on Saturday, Dec. 14, at the Sun Theatre. Doors open at 1 p.m. and the show will start at 1:30.
“We await notice about the chosen feature film, but are assured it will be just what the young people want,” said Barry McDiarmid, club secretary. A visit from Santa is also planned.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates