Gothenburg Shares begins $5,000 campaign
The Gothenburg Shares fund kicks off this week.
Donations are being requested to help pay for the Christmas Food Baskets Program, an annual tradition in Gothenburg for 40 years.
This year’s goal is $5,000. Last year, 70 families were served by the program.
The food baskets provide the ingredients for a nutritious holiday meal to families and individuals in need.
The delivery day for the food baskets is Saturday, Dec. 21. The Gothenburg Rotary Club sponsors the program with delivery assistance students and other individuals.
Cash donations can be brought or sent to: Gothenburg Times, 406 10th St., P.O. Box 385, Gothenburg, NE 69138.
If donors would like their name listed in The Times, they should fill out a form that appears elsewhere in this issue. Donations are requested by 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 20.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog