Math mania for calculus class
Two days of calculus?
That’s what Gothenburg High School calculus students experienced at Math Day at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln on Nov. 21 and the day before, according to teacher Sharise Scherer.While traveling to Lincoln on Nov. 20, students collected data on time, distance, velocity and acceleration, did math at a restaurant that included tipping and at the hotel where they stayed. They also participated in a math scavenger hunt at a mall.
The next day, they competed in a quiz bowl, took a PROBE test on problem-solving skills, talked to GHS graduate Mike Hilderbrand about math and toured residence halls and the campus.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State