Math mania for calculus class
Two days of calculus?
That’s what Gothenburg High School calculus students experienced at Math Day at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln on Nov. 21 and the day before, according to teacher Sharise Scherer.While traveling to Lincoln on Nov. 20, students collected data on time, distance, velocity and acceleration, did math at a restaurant that included tipping and at the hotel where they stayed. They also participated in a math scavenger hunt at a mall.
The next day, they competed in a quiz bowl, took a PROBE test on problem-solving skills, talked to GHS graduate Mike Hilderbrand about math and toured residence halls and the campus.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics