Rudolph to be honored for heading Cattlemen
Cattlemen in Dawson and Buffalo counties will host a “primer” for Gothenburg beef producer Jeff Rudolph who is incoming president for the Nebraska Cattlemen.
The “primer” will be Thursday from 4 to 5 p.m. in honor of Rudolph as part of the 125th Nebraska Cattlemen Anniversary Convention and Trade Show. The social hour will be at the Holiday Inn, Room B and is sponsored by Farm Credit Services of America and Merck Animal Health.
The convention begins Wednesday (today) with a membership meeting at 9 a.m., Cattlemen College at 10 a.m. and a welcome reception and trade show at 6:30 p.m.
On Thursday, the convention begins at 7 a.m. with council meetings, committee meetings, the Nebraska Cattlemen Foundation lunch and the Cattlewomen’s reception. The annual banquet is scheduled at 6 p.m.
On Friday, Nebraska Cattlemen will conduct its annual business meeting.
All cattlemen and women, and interested agribusiness people are encouraged to attend. For more details or to register for the convention, see the Nebraska Cattlemen Magazine or go to nebraskacattlemen.org
For more information about Dawson County Cattlemen, contact directors: John Schroeder of Cozad; Shannon Peterson and Mike Johnson, both of Gothenburg; Dan Keller, Derek McConville and Jared Walahoski, all of Lexington; Tucker Thompson of Eustis; Chris Tordrup of Farnam; Eric Ryan of Overton; or Dawson County Extension educator Bruce Treffer.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates