Shares fund hits $1,446
The Gothenburg Shares fund is nearly one-third of the way to its goal of $5,000.
A total of $1,446 has been donated during the first two weeks of the drive.
Money raised supports the Christmas Food Baskets Program sponsored by the Gothenburg Rotary Club.
Food baskets with the ingredients for a nutritious holiday meal will be delivered on Saturday, Dec. 21, by Rotarians and other community volunteers.
In addition to four anonymous gifts this week, donations were received from Trinity Lutheran Mission Fund, Up North for Jesus Bible Study, Elsie Cyriacks, Dale and Mary Lou Block, anonymous in honor of Sue Ostergard, Zion Lutheran Men.
Donations are accepted from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Gothenburg Times office, 406 10th St. To have your name listed in the newspaper, fill out the form elsewhere in this issue.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates