Shares fund hits $1,446
The Gothenburg Shares fund is nearly one-third of the way to its goal of $5,000.
A total of $1,446 has been donated during the first two weeks of the drive.
Money raised supports the Christmas Food Baskets Program sponsored by the Gothenburg Rotary Club.
Food baskets with the ingredients for a nutritious holiday meal will be delivered on Saturday, Dec. 21, by Rotarians and other community volunteers.
In addition to four anonymous gifts this week, donations were received from Trinity Lutheran Mission Fund, Up North for Jesus Bible Study, Elsie Cyriacks, Dale and Mary Lou Block, anonymous in honor of Sue Ostergard, Zion Lutheran Men.
Donations are accepted from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Gothenburg Times office, 406 10th St. To have your name listed in the newspaper, fill out the form elsewhere in this issue.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president