Operation Christmas Child
Gifts in action: For the past several years, the congregation at the First United Methodist Church in Gothenburg have collected gifts to fit in shoe boxes for children in other countries. This year, gifts packed in 133 shoeboxes were sent to Togo, Guinea and Mexico. The Evangelical Free Church also participated, with help from Marlene Jorgenson, in the project which is named Operation Christmas Child. Church secretary Becky Boson said the program tries to show God’s love through the power of the shoebox gifts. Pictured is Methodist Church member Alice Peters who spearheaded the project along with Boson.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.