Plans approved for new building at BPS
Brady Public School will finalize building plans for a future preschool and science room next week.
In a meeting Monday night, Brady school board members were satisfied with the plans presented by Ryan Steams of Joseph R. Hewgley & Associates from North Platte and approved them in a 4-to-1 vote.
Board members Lisa Diehl, Marge Spencer, Mary Ellen Mann and TJ Walker voted to approve while Bryan Franzen voted against.
With board approval, Steams said he will have completed plans next week and begin looking for bidders.
“We want to get a bid in the middle or end of January,” Steams said. “After January, prices for things increase.”
Before February is an ideal time to get bids so as soon as frost is off the ground, construction can begin,Steams noted
In other business, the board:
received a $1,800 check from Bryan Franzen and the Brady Volunteer Fire Department for the help of the junior class at an Achievement Day barbecue.
scheduled a senior citizens dinner at Brady Public Schools on Monday at 11 a.m.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins