Franzen earns Telegraph player of the year honor
In her final season wearing a Swede uniform, Gothenburg’s Emily Franzen earned The North Platte Telegraph’s Softball Player of the Year award.
Franzen had a record-setting season at the plate posting a Class C record .608 batting average while knocking in 38 RBIs.
She also hit 15 doubles and had an on-base percentage of .656 in 2013.
For her career, Franzen set five school records: Hits (130), RBIs (117), home runs (6), career batting average (.467) and single-season batting average (.608) while only striking out 11 times in 278 total trips to the plate.
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney