Franzen earns Telegraph player of the year honor
In her final season wearing a Swede uniform, Gothenburg’s Emily Franzen earned The North Platte Telegraph’s Softball Player of the Year award.
Franzen had a record-setting season at the plate posting a Class C record .608 batting average while knocking in 38 RBIs.
She also hit 15 doubles and had an on-base percentage of .656 in 2013.
For her career, Franzen set five school records: Hits (130), RBIs (117), home runs (6), career batting average (.467) and single-season batting average (.608) while only striking out 11 times in 278 total trips to the plate.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout