Franzen earns Telegraph player of the year honor
In her final season wearing a Swede uniform, Gothenburg’s Emily Franzen earned The North Platte Telegraph’s Softball Player of the Year award.
Franzen had a record-setting season at the plate posting a Class C record .608 batting average while knocking in 38 RBIs.
She also hit 15 doubles and had an on-base percentage of .656 in 2013.
For her career, Franzen set five school records: Hits (130), RBIs (117), home runs (6), career batting average (.467) and single-season batting average (.608) while only striking out 11 times in 278 total trips to the plate.
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.
- Gothenburg Youth Trap Club taking aim at state
- Eagles perform well in tough meet