Cozad’s Craig Uden named to national cattle industry post
Craig Uden, fourth-generation cattleman from Cozad, has been elected chair of the Policy Division of the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA).
The election by the NCBA board of directors was conducted Feb. 7 at the organization’s annual meeting during the 2014 Cattle Industry Convention and NCBA Trade Show in Nashville, TN.
Uden is a partner in Darr Feedlot, Inc., a commercial cattle feeding operation, and with his wife, Terri, also owns and manages three commercial cow-calf operations. He has been involved with NCBA since the mid-1980s, serving in leadership positions on numerous committees and as Policy Division vice chair this past year. Uden was the Federation Division chair in 2012.
Uden has also been active in his state cattle organizations, and is currently president of the Nebraska Beef Council.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30