Two Gothenburg students earn Norall Scholarships
Two Gothenburg High School graduates are among the recipients of the Norall Scholarship for 2014-15.
The Gothenburg recipients are:
Tiffany Keiser, a 2005 GHS graduate, who is pursuing a doctor of estepathic medicine degree at A.T. Still University at Kirksville, MO.
Janae Wiggins, a 2011 GHS graduate, who is in the nursing program at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
The Norall Scholarship Trust was established in 1998 with a gift from Dr. Lee Norall and is administered by the Lexington Community Foundation. The trust provides scholarships to students from Dawson County with priority given to those pursuing a career in health care.
Graduates from Dawson County high schools who received the Norall Scholarship are enrolled in a variety of post-secondary and graduate programs. Many have the goal to return to this area once their education is completed. In the last 16 years, the Norall Scholarship selection committee has awarded $256,200 to 121 recipients.
Applications forms for the fall 2015/spring 2016 academic year will be available on the Lexington Community Foundation website: www.lexfoundation.org. Postmark deadline will be Feb. 28, 2015.
- Town of Union lives on through Anderson’s book
- Holiday activities abound in downtown Gothenburg
- Hershey’s slower pace stalls Swedes
- Borchardt, Swedes too big for Lex
- Minutemaids feast on Swedes’ miscues
- Brady schools have perfect graduation rate for 2014 class
- Lady Eagles figuring out how to fly together
- Reeves repeats as LJS Super Stater