Graffiti suspect taken into custody
A 17-year-old male, from Gothenburg, was arrested early Saturday morning in connection with the spray painting of vehicles and other property throughout town the past several weeks.
Gothenburg police chief Randy Olson said the juvenile was transported to the Scotts Bluff County Juvenile Detention Center where he was being held pending formal charges of theft by shop lifting, minor in possession of alcohol and numerous counts of criminal mischief.
Olson said the cases are still under investigation.
The last criminal mischief incident was late Friday night, he said, and no other suspects were arrested.
Three additional vehicles were spray painted with black spray paint, Olson said, and all on 18th Street—one in the 700 Block and two in the 800 Block.
A house was also sprayed in the 100 Block of 16th Street.
Someone also wrote with magic marker on the rest room in Ehmen Park which was discovered Thursday morning.
Olson said that criminal mischief/vandalism incident was not related to the spray-painting cases.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins