Graffiti suspect taken into custody
A 17-year-old male, from Gothenburg, was arrested early Saturday morning in connection with the spray painting of vehicles and other property throughout town the past several weeks.
Gothenburg police chief Randy Olson said the juvenile was transported to the Scotts Bluff County Juvenile Detention Center where he was being held pending formal charges of theft by shop lifting, minor in possession of alcohol and numerous counts of criminal mischief.
Olson said the cases are still under investigation.
The last criminal mischief incident was late Friday night, he said, and no other suspects were arrested.
Three additional vehicles were spray painted with black spray paint, Olson said, and all on 18th Street—one in the 700 Block and two in the 800 Block.
A house was also sprayed in the 100 Block of 16th Street.
Someone also wrote with magic marker on the rest room in Ehmen Park which was discovered Thursday morning.
Olson said that criminal mischief/vandalism incident was not related to the spray-painting cases.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500