Self expression: The second of three rounds of Gothenburg High School’s seventh annual poetry slam was April 23 at Deb’s Diner, Bakery & Daylight Donuts. Right, participants are, l-r: First row—Blayr McMichael, Drake Langley, Bailey Morton, Keely Lecher, Blaire Gibbens, Leslee Seitsinger, Connor McCoy; Second row—Courtney Melvin, James Shuman, Gage Taylor, Brandon Stevens, Hayden Hubbard; Third row—Kyann Leviner, Roman Schmidt, Josh Reinhardt, Dylan Folkers, Bryce Kowalewski. Left, ive students advanced to final competition of poetry slam at Stone Hearth Estate this week. They are Dylan France, Bailey Morton, Roman Schmidt, Gage Taylor and Courtney Melvin.
Participants in the annual event are English 10 students, taught by Roxanne Whiting. Participant Leslee Seitsinger said the event allows students to express themselves in a different way than they thought they could. Left is Courtney Melvin as she performs her poetry selection.
- Avenue I to get more sidewalk
- Wellness Center decision after budget workshop
- Airport Authority wants board member removed
- Eagle football looks to repeat last year’s success
- Rural Poll finds insights on rural Nebraskans’ activism
- Soybean farmers observe, evaluate work of checkoff
- District 20 enrollment creeps up
- Coaches remain confident after 15-4 loss to McCook