Self expression: The second of three rounds of Gothenburg High School’s seventh annual poetry slam was April 23 at Deb’s Diner, Bakery & Daylight Donuts. Right, participants are, l-r: First row—Blayr McMichael, Drake Langley, Bailey Morton, Keely Lecher, Blaire Gibbens, Leslee Seitsinger, Connor McCoy; Second row—Courtney Melvin, James Shuman, Gage Taylor, Brandon Stevens, Hayden Hubbard; Third row—Kyann Leviner, Roman Schmidt, Josh Reinhardt, Dylan Folkers, Bryce Kowalewski. Left, ive students advanced to final competition of poetry slam at Stone Hearth Estate this week. They are Dylan France, Bailey Morton, Roman Schmidt, Gage Taylor and Courtney Melvin.
Participants in the annual event are English 10 students, taught by Roxanne Whiting. Participant Leslee Seitsinger said the event allows students to express themselves in a different way than they thought they could. Left is Courtney Melvin as she performs her poetry selection.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet