Food drive underway
The students at Sterling Education, formally known as Eagle Crest Academy, have been collecting food for the local Gothenburg Food Bank. Our school is in competition with schools all across our region to collect the most food poundage per student. Locally, our 12 students have been working very hard.
We encourage all community members to donate! Students are willing to pick up food and we have set up a drop-off location at the Gothenburg State Bank. Food can also be brought to the school (on Avenue A). The students have came up with prizes to be won by the community member that donates the most for the cause.
Our food drive will continue through Friday, May 9. On that day, student volunteers will weigh, box up and deliver the donated items to the Gothenburg Food Pantry. They will also help sort and organized the food to be put away. The more people who donate the better!
Alexa Libal, Gothenburg
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair