Swede boys tune up for district meet at Cozad Invitational
Gothenburg used the Cozad Invitational Friday as a way to tune up for the District B-6 meet scheduled for Thursday at Ogallala.
“Coming after the conference meet, I thought that our kids performed well,” Swede coach Steve Reeves said.
Tanner Borchardt was a double winner for Gothenburg, capturing both the shot (54-0) and the discus (156-11).
Seth Eggleston cleared 6-0 in the high jump for the gold medal. He also placed second in the 300-meter intermediate hurdles.
The Swedes 400 relay was the first to cross the finish line. Blake Ristine, Ross Ostendorf, Zach Wolf and Dawson Graham were timed at 45.59 seconds.
Additional second place finishers included Collin Hahn in the 1600 (4:41.16), Jordan Lauer in the triple jump (37-3) and Ristine in the pole vault (13-0).
Field events for the district meet start at 10:30 a.m. MDT, while running events follow at 1 p.m. MDT.
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite