Cozad Invite previews District B-4 golf meet
The Cozad Invitational Friday provided an early look at the District B-4 meet just three days later.
The top three teams were the same in both meets, just second and third place were switched. Ten of the 12 teams competing in the district meet played in the tune-up at Cozad Friday.
McCook posted a 305 to win the team championship. Broken Bow was the runner-up with a 311.
Gothenburg improved its best team score of the season that was posted Thursday at Ogallala with one three strokes better at Cozad, a 368 for 10th place.
Adam Speck’s 86 took top honors for the Swedes. Riley Ostendorf carded an 89.
Koy Potthoff of Scottsbluff shot a 72 and won a two-man playoff for meet medalist honors.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC