Interim superintendent hired for Brady school
Russell Finken of Glenwood, IA, has been hired as the interim superintendent for Brady Public Schools.
Finken was offered a one-year contract after a unanimous vote by Brady school board members at their May 12 meeting.
His contract for the 2014-2015 school year is $105,000.
The board interviewed six candidates over a two-month period after the contract of superintendent Bill Porter was not renewed.
The other candidates were Stephanie Kaczor of Spalding, Tamyra Pickering of Grand Island, Joe Sherwood of Tryon, Judy Stoehr of Omaha and Matthew Palmer of Shishmaref, AK.
Finken, who has an education specialist degree from the University of Nebraska at Omaha, was most recently the superintendent of Tri-County School in Dewitt. He was there from 2008 to 2013.
He has a master’s degree in educational administration and supervision from Creighton University and a bachelor’s degree in education from Dana College.
- Town of Union lives on through Anderson’s book
- Holiday activities abound in downtown Gothenburg
- Hershey’s slower pace stalls Swedes
- Borchardt, Swedes too big for Lex
- Minutemaids feast on Swedes’ miscues
- Brady schools have perfect graduation rate for 2014 class
- Lady Eagles figuring out how to fly together
- Reeves repeats as LJS Super Stater