Interim superintendent hired for Brady school
Russell Finken of Glenwood, IA, has been hired as the interim superintendent for Brady Public Schools.
Finken was offered a one-year contract after a unanimous vote by Brady school board members at their May 12 meeting.
His contract for the 2014-2015 school year is $105,000.
The board interviewed six candidates over a two-month period after the contract of superintendent Bill Porter was not renewed.
The other candidates were Stephanie Kaczor of Spalding, Tamyra Pickering of Grand Island, Joe Sherwood of Tryon, Judy Stoehr of Omaha and Matthew Palmer of Shishmaref, AK.
Finken, who has an education specialist degree from the University of Nebraska at Omaha, was most recently the superintendent of Tri-County School in Dewitt. He was there from 2008 to 2013.
He has a master’s degree in educational administration and supervision from Creighton University and a bachelor’s degree in education from Dana College.
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together